Remember these are not cures, but only FIRST AID
1. CALM THE SNAKE BITE VICTIM
The bite may be from a Non-Venomous or Mildly-Venomous Snake.
It is not always that any venomous snake will inject venom in to body, each time he bites, the bite some time may be only for self-defense and could be a DRY BITE.
2. Remove all articles from the body on or near which snake had bitten; e.g. Footwear, Wristwatch, Bangles & Rings.
3. Do not cut or suck the bite.
4. Wash bitten portion with clean water only when possible, because Venomous Snakes while removing the fangs from bitten part of the body leaves few drops of venom on or around the wound.
5. After Snake bite did tourniquet useful to stop venom reactions?
NO… In case of snake bite, will not any tourniquet could stop venom effects, but only it helps patient to mentally prepare.
6. Use of tourniquet in wrong way could be sometimes fatal to the snake bite victim.
7. Do not tie any tourniquet if bitten by Russell’s Viper or Saw-scaled Viper Snake.
8. Hemotoxic Venom affects the blood circulatory System and because of which blood-cells & blood-vessels are destroyed. Russell’s Viper & Saw-scaled Viper snakes have a Hemotoxic venom.
9. Using of tourniquet mostly in Russell’s Viper Snake bite is fatal and should not be practice to avoid bad effects like a necrosis (permanent tissue damage) and gangrene.
10. In the case of (Cobra or Krait) neurotoxic Snake bite, will use of tourniquet stop
the venom effects?
NO…. Normally in case of above snake bite using of tourniquet will only help the snake bite victim to gain mentally prepare, because above snake venom is effects through the nervous system.
11. Shift the snake bite victim to the hospital or P.H.C. Which has got Anti Snake Venom Serum. Carry the patient in a vehicle, if there is no vehicle available then Carry the patient on a Stretcher or make him walk but do not let the victim run or to make any greater Physical movement.
12. Give the details and other information of diseases suffered by person who has got the snake bite to doctor for e.g. Alcoholic, Diabetic, Asthma, blood pressure, any Allergy etc.
13. Care to be taken by person under gone treatment for person who has under gone medical treatment for Snake bite, may show signs of weakness and wounds/ Injures at the place of Snake bite on body. To recover completely and quickly he should take steady precautions at the very initial stage. Especially in the case of Russell’s Viper & Saw-Scaled Viper Snake bite persons kidney may receive major malfunction. The person who suffered Snake bite have to follow certain care to recover fully from Snake bite injury.
(a) Due to Snake bite the venom can damage kidney functions and cause kidney dis-functioning. Whenever you go into such incident, don’t worry and drink plenty of fresh/ spring water or drink juices like Watermelon, Orange, and Grapes etc.
(b) Do not consume soft drink and if the person alcoholic, he should give up alcohol to the complete extend.
(c) Do Pranayam every day morning & evening, so as to keep you fit and fine, while, while doing pranayam please do it in open fresh air and in the garden where there are trees like banyan, Pipal, Aaudumber, Neem trees or (Tulsi) Basil plant. which gives plenty of oxygen. If you don’t know how to do pranayam learn it from the Yoga teacher. (Note please: - Any person suffering from High Blood Pressure or Heart problem should not practice Pranayam.)
(d) Person should adopt Vegetarian food and should avoid Non- Vegetarian food which will help the Snake bite patient great.